Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Goodbye Summer Days...Hello School Days...

So we are winding down our last week before school starts on Monday. I swear summer was only about 2.5 seconds long! The kids are anxious to get back...I'm anxious to have groceries in my pantry longer than 5 minutes! Although not so excited about the 6am wake ups! Also, I know Jadon will miss his big brother and big sister - He's really been enjoying having all day long to torment them ;) haha

Alexa is gearing up for her last year in Elementary School! I can't believe that she is a 5th grader already! It seems like just yesterday that I dressed her in a purple Bratz outfit, braided her hair, and drove her to he first day of Kindergarten~! She was so cute, wanting me to walk her to class every day and show me all of her projects. She hasn't changed one bit though. She asked me the other day if I was walking her to class this year ;)

JJ is another story though. He's going into 2nd grade this year, and looking forward to counting money and cursive writing! I think it was the 2nd or 3rd day of Kindergarten when I got out to walk with him and he said "I know where it is" and took off running for class. Typical boy, right? He's also the class clown. He's promised this year to try and focus more on his school work, and less on trying to make his classmates laugh. ;)

So we have big plans this weekend to celebrate the end of summer. School supplies shopping on Saturday, and the pool on Sunday (and an early bedtime) I'll let you know how that one works out -hahaha. Hopefully we will all wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed on Monday morning, ready to start another exciting school year!!

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment