Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Brotherly Love ♥

There is by far, nothing sweeter in life, than seeing your two children together! Jadon was just 16mos when his baby sister Angelina was born - But the love he had for her was instantanious, and it over flowed from his heart into mine! I remember being so nervous for Jadon to come up to the hospital and visit "his baby" for the first time! For several reasons: 1 - I had only one other time spent the night away from him, and I was afraid he was going to be "mad at me" for leaving him (umm, can we say post pardum pregnancy hormones?!) and 2 - I was worried that he would be jealous of his new baby sister.

So I told my husband to make sure that he called when he was on his way up, so I could put Angelina in the bassinet. I didn't want the first thing Jadon saw when he walked in the room was me holding another baby! So in walks my first born (who all of the sudden looks like such a big boy!) looks at me, glaces over towards the bassinet, smiles the biggest smile I've ever seen, and says "BABY"

And there began the start of a life long bond they will always have!! (I will be sure to remind them of this when they are 16 & 17)




♥ Jadon's first kiss for his baby sister ♥


It's good to know that the feeling is mutual though. Just the sound of her big brother's voice will bring a huge grin to Angelina's face. Seeing them interact with each other, and the unspoken love between them, melts my heart! I can only hope that the bond they have will continue to grow through the years! But I know, that "Nena" (as Jadon calls her) will always be "his baby".













No comments:

Post a Comment